Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wedding Planning?!?!?!?!?

So it's like less than 3 months until I get married and I really haven't done much planning.
The thing is....I have no idea how to plan a wedding! I'm not sure where to start and what to do. The things that I have planned are the following:

Colors: Pink and Lime Green
Where: Denver Temple
When: April 30th

Yup...that's about it......

And....it's important to remember that all of this is being paid by ME. So, cheap is what I can do. Ha ha ha.
I think I may have the dress I want...it's down to two at this point:

The first one is by Jessica McClintock.....I love it. I'll have a little organza jacket over it. It's sooo pretty.




















The second one I found on wholesale, it's pretty as well and I wouldn't have to worry about the jacket.


















The first dress I absolutely LOVED on me! However, it is $400....kind of a lot more than I wanted to spend on my dress.
The second dress is very pretty and only like $120 wholesale, however I have not tried it on and can only order it online for that price.

Decisions, decisions....

I want this day to be special (as I'm sure it will be in the Temple) but I also want to share it with everyone too..... I want it to be nice.
Any ideas on what wedding dress to choose or how to plan a simple, but nice reception please let me know! :)

4 comments:

Carrie and Spencer said...

Is the dress a beautifully modest dress? If so...there's a bridal shop near the temple that carries the product. The dresses run SMALL. Ask the Nimer girls for sizing advice. Also...I've said it before and I'll say it again...delegate! That's what I'm here for! I'll take over as wedding planner...as long as you promise to answer my questions and respond. :-) I'm serious!!

Mallory said...

I like both of them! In the temple you'll have to wear at least 3/4 length jacket over your dress anyway. :) I'm working on the invites!

Carrie and Spencer said...

Or you can just wear your temple dress in the temple and then change afterwards before going out for pictures

Patty Sampson said...

I say go with the less expensive, modest dress. You will probably have to do something to an organza jacket to keep it modest. Which will add to the budget.

As for flowers, I found a GREAT wholesale web site! If you are ok with silk flowers, this place has bridal bouquets for less than 30 bucks! You can't beat that. www.afloral.com

Yay for you!!