Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome 2009

It's a new year, Welcome year 2009!

Now that I've just gotten used to writing the year 2008 on all of my papers for classes and my journal entries, It's time to change. Now I have to get used to writing 2009 on my papers, this will take some time. I'll have to erase the date many times and start all over again. I'll forget a lot to write down 2009 instead of 2008, and I know that when I use pen I'll have to somehow artistically transform an 8 into a 9. I've been able to change the 7 to the 8, but I think the 8 to a 9 will be a little more tricky.


The point of the new year is not just having to get used to the change in writing the date down, it's about change in our lives and getting used to that change. I've written previously about my feelings towards change, however this time I won't rant about how much I despise change. I'm excited for change this year, it's time to better myself and look forward to life. Like I've said before, change is necessary for growth.


Of course I have a list of things I'd like to accomplish this year, just like every other year. But this time I have a plan to go along with these new year resolutions. I've carefully written out a plan and guide on how I will be able to stick to accomplishing these resolutions. It's not a huge elaborate plan, my plan consists of little steps to accomplish to lead up to the success of the change. I find that if we take baby steps, daily steps, this is the best way to achieve goals.


So here I am taking little steps to the year 2009! Bring it on 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its tricky to change an 8 into a 9. If you are using pen, its near impossible. I am glad you are ready for change. This will be a big year for it, starting January 22 2009, the Change we can Believe in will take office for the next 4 years. I can't wait for things to change, wait ... things can change for the worse as well right? I dont think he ever said what kind of change would happen! Oh NO! Well I hope for something magical, like being able to cut energy cost for families, but curbing production of energy at the same time. That's change id like to see before i can believe in!