Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Life is Eventful

The other day I had some time available to catch myself up with some of my friends and their lives. Blogging is amazing. So many of my friends from Pennsylvania and here in Colorado have so many things going on. Their lives seem so eventful, they always have something to post, something they are getting ready for and are excited about, something they are enjoying.

Many of my friends are getting married, or have just gotten married and are starting their lives together. Another big portion of my friends are having children and expanding their families. It seems like everyone's life is busy and eventful and that they are looking toward something.

Looking at my life, the only thing I have to look forward to right now is graduating and that is still a year away. I feel like my life isn't very eventful, I feel like there is no exciting news to talk about, no updates that people want to know about. The update in my life right now is that I have finals week next week and I'll be finished with my Junior year in College.

I guess I'm just waiting for the day when I have something to update others' on, something eventful and exciting. All I really have to look forward to is graduating next year, the increase in student tuition and fees due to the economy next year, rising need for student loans, working this summer to pay off my car, and hopefully starting a softball team this summer. Looking at all of those things to look forward to, it doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun (except maybe the softball team!).

3 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Wow, sounds like you are seeing others strengths and missing yours. I say you have a lot going on! My life was never so full of changes and fun times as when I was in College. I loved it!! Sometimes when I was first married I would feel sorry for myself just like you are and see my single friends and think the same thing. But your life is what you make it. So what are you going to do to celebrate when finals are over? And who knows, with your summer job will come more adventures, along with the adventures of your senior year. Don't worry Darling. You are interesting, and your life is eventful. You just have to see it right. :)

nashdakine said...

Life is boring if we let it be. I completely agree with patty when she says that life is what we make it. We have two options in these situations, to complain about not having anything to do, or to find something interesting to do. I personally try to do the second. And when that isn't possible, I try and make the bland things in life seem more exciting.

Mallory said...

One day, you will look back on all of this and say, "I wish my life was boring again." :) Because one day, it will be go go go, and you'll want a day of boredom. ;)