Friday, June 19, 2009

Phone Updates

So I was looking at my blog and I realized that I really don't post a lot of things. A lot of things happen to me, and then I get in the mood to write about them in my blog but then I get busy and forget and never get around to it. So I was looking through my phone today and I was looking at all the pictures and videos I have on it. That's when I remembered everything I was going to write about at one time but never got around to it. So I'm just going to go through my phone in bulk and write about the different things that have been going on. I'll call this my "Phone Update".

So the first thing I'll write about is what happened when my best friend from PA came out to visit me. We had a lot of fun, a really busy week for me though. She came out the week right after I finished finals. It was her first time anywhere not on the East Coast, so it was quite different for her. The first day she was here we just chilled out and she came to Family Home Evening (FHE) with me. The next day I had Jury Duty, but afterwards we went and hung out at the pool. Wednesday we went to Centerra and went shopping for a while, we also hiked horsetooth that day. It was her first real hike. She was exhausted. Haha ha ha, lack of air for her.



Then we headed down to Denver and I showed her around the city. We hung out a lot downtown. There is a lot of abstract art around downtown so we look at all of it and then we even ran into Rocky the Colorado Nuggets' mascot. There was a convention downtown to win Playoffs nuggets game tickets.











































After our full day in Denver, we went clubbing at suite 152. I'm not really clubber, in fact it was my first time. But suprisingly, I had a lot of fun. It was latino night so they played fun good music and I think it helped going with the right kind of friends. So I think Amanda's stay was very exciting and thrilling for the both of us. I wish she could have stayed longer.


Looking through my phone I also noticed that I didn't blog about my fishing experience with Rob. Rob is a client I work with on the weekends. I'm a direct care provider for him because he has Cerebral Palsey and is in a Wheel Chair. He is loads of fun, we do a lot of activities together. This one day I worked with him in particular he wanted to fix his fishing rods, so we went out in front of his apartment to a grassy area nex to the parking lot. We spent about half an hour trying to fix his rods and fishing lines. Finally we did it, he wanted to test it out so he reeled it back and the line ended up going in the parking lot and hit one of the cars. He thought it was hilarious. So for the rest of the time together we fished for cars. Below is a video of him catching his own car. Ha ha ha. I told him next time he needs to catch me a good car like a Mustang or Ferrari.



Now, most recently....last weekend, it was "Taste of Fort Collins". This event is huge during the summer, we have a bunch of bands come and perform and rides for the kids, they have a market where all the fancy (and not fancy) restaurants let you try their foods for a low price. There are some free samples like a farmers market and really just a lot of local activities and shops to explore. It's really fun. Last year I went with Mallory and Jon Hummer. This year, Jon was out of town, so I went with Mallory and our friend Adrian (Ade). It was a lot of fun.
This year Sugar Ray and the Gin Blossoms and Single File played. I was right up front by the stage to see the performances.
I was surprised with the Single Ray performance. I'm not really a Sugar Ray fan, but I was pleasantly surprised by how he presented himself and how he performed. It wasn't like any other concert I've been to. He tried to make the audience get involved as much as possible and made it feel like he really wanted to be there. He also didn't just perform one song after the other, there was some DJ mixing in there and he even had people go on stage and do Karaoke with him. It was pretty awesome.





So that is pretty much all for my phone update for now!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I can't BELIEVE that you skipped right over my visit. Psh.

Mallory said...

Elisa! It was titled "Phone Update" she probably just didn't have any pictures of your visit on her phone...