Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Projects

So a couple weeks ago Mallory and I had our last cake decorating class for Level I. We finished our final project in the classroom. It was kind of difficult because the room was so warm that it melted our frosting! That makes it hard to work with. But our final projects turned out pretty ok.
This is my cake.....
I took it to NorthShore and it just so happened to be my boss's birthday (I didn't know), and he thought I had made it for him for his Birthday! HA! So I went along with it. Pink? He asked. I played it off as "I thought it was your color." jokingly of course. But everyone LOVED the cake. I'm excited to do more cakes.
So now Mal and I have started Level II of our cake decorating class. We're working with Fondant and learning how to make all sorts of flowers. Our first class we made pansies. This last class we learned how to make roses, apple blossoms and pin roses. I think they turned out pretty good. It's really fun to learn.

Cake decorating is one of my summer projects I have going on. Another one I'm working on is creating a CSU quilt. After graduation, I gathered up all of my CSU shirts (CSU work shirts and Senate shirts included) and decided that I wanted to make a memory quilt out of all of them. With the help of my dear "adopted family" Kylie Metz and Pola Metz, I get to make the memory quilt a reality. So far we've just cut out squares and picked out fabrics. I think it will be fun. I'll make sure to document my progress.










I'm trying to keep myself busy so finding new projects and learning new skills will be a great new way to discover myself this summer!

No comments: